JAMB Bars Mmesoma From Sitting UTME For Next Three Years, Withdrawals Result
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has insisted that the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) result being paraded by the Anambra candidate, Mmesoma Ejikeme, is fake, stating that it stopped using the print-out that she displayed as her authentic result in 2021.
This disclosure is contained in a statement issued by JAMB’s Spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, on Tuesday morning in Abuja, where he insisted that only Mmesoma paraded the“obsolete” notification slip out of all the candidates that sat the 2023 UTME.
Banned for 3 years
Benjamin, who noted that JAMB has been issuing actual UTME result slips and not notification of results since 2022, said that it has barred Mmesoma from sitting for its examination for the next 3 years.
The statement from the JAMB’s Spokesperson partly reads,
- “Consequently, the Board would like to reassure Nigerians that its system was neither tampered with nor compromised as the candidate simply falsified a copy of a result slip of a candidate named “Asimiyu Mariam Omobolanle,” who sat the UTME in 2021 and scored 138.
- “It is also instructive to note that the candidate, in her statement, has inadvertently revealed the rightful owner of the result she is parading when she pointed out that the QR code on the result slip showed the actual owner of the said result before she peddled a lie in an attempt to obfuscate the truth.
- “To witness the unassailable position of the Board regarding this obvious falsehood, the general public is, therefore, urged to endeavour to scan the QR code on the result slip to see its actual owner before it was mutilated. It is to be noted that the QR code encapsulates the UTME result of each candidate, hence, what is on the result sheet is nothing other than the interpretation of the information on this QR code.
- “Furthermore, the public is also to note that the Board stopped issuing Notification of Result slips after the 2021 UTME for the simple reason that candidates were falsifying them. Consequently, the Board has been issuing actual UTME RESULT Slips (not notification of results ) since 2022 complete with the photograph of each candidate.
- “Similarly, the public is also invited to ponder on the fact that out of all the candidates that sat the 2023 UTME, only Ms. Ejikeme Mmesoma parades the obsolete ‘Notification of Result.
- “In the meantime, the management of the Board, after considering the weighty infraction committed by Ms. Ejikeme Joy Mmesoma, and in line with its established procedures, has withdrawn her 2023 UTME result and also barred her from sitting the Board’s examination for the next three years.”
What you should know
- JAMB had on Sunday, July 2, accused Ejikeme Mmesoma of manually inflating her score from 249 to 362 and parading herself as the top scorer for the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- The examination body said she manipulated her UTME result to deceive the public to fraudulently obtain scholarship and other recognitions, adding that it will withdraw her certificate and prosecute her.
- However, Mmesoma, a student of Anglican Girls Secondary School in Nnewi, in a viral video yesterday dismissed allegations that she manipulated her 2023 UTME result, saying that she printed her result from the JAMB portal.
- The student, who insisted that her aggregate score is 362, said the allegation has left her “‘traumatized,” adding that she is not capable of forging her own result.
- She said that since nursery school, she has been taking first, noting that she is not an illiterate girl that will go and forge her result. She pointed out that she even scored over 300 in her common entrance exam.