Ronke Oshodi Oke Narrates how her Daughter was Poisoned at University some weeks ago
Popular Yoruba actress, Ronke Oshodi Oke, on Wednesday, narrated how she was called in the middle of the night when her daughter drank hypo and was rushed to the hospital.
She added that her daughter was taken to three different hospitals for treatment before she felt better.
The actress who spoke in both Yoruba and English made this known in a video shared on her Instagram page.
She called on parents to be mindful of their children and always advise them, while also warning the school to ensure that such occurrences were avoided.
She said, “My daughter is at university now. About three weeks ago, they called me around 3.45 am that my daughter Jummy drank hypo, I was like hypo? How will my daughter drink hypo?
“I went to the hospital she was in. She was crying. She wasn’t herself.
“What happened is that maybe her roommate or her friends deliberately pour hypo into the water that she drank. They wanted to kill her.”
The actress, however, did not mention the name of the school.
She continued, “I intentionally did not mention the name of the school, because I do not want to spoil the name of the school.
“I am warning the school for the last time. If anything like this happens to my daughter again – I only gave birth to two children – I won’t take it likely.
“We went to three hospitals before my daughter was okay.”